We’re all people, and we’re no strangers to pressure.
Long days, stressful traffic, you get the idea. After a long night out, or when the entire week is done hanging off your shoulders we’d want to kick back and just let it all loose.
If the days were spent doing complicated things, it’s usually better to keep it simple. Here’s a list of things we’d like to do during our free time.
- Cheesy chick reads? Sci-fi? Spy novels? Sign me up! Depending on what you read, it could help with rebalancing the chemicals in your brain from imagining the stories that happen in books!
Sitting in bed
- Set up the incense or essential oils(lavender’s my fave) and let the aroma take over the room. A few drops would be just enough.
- Turn down the lights. Bright lights can be stressful on the eyes and prolonged exposure contributes to migraines.
- Whip up a coffee/hot chocolate! Foam is good.
Turn off electronic devices(just for a while)
- It’s hard getting any peace during your free time when you’re constantly connected. Take a break!
- Turn off the TV, cell, computer and walk for a little. You’ll realise how much liberty is at your disposal. It helps with the destressing!
- No better way to get in touch with yourself better than to sing. Pick a song, turn it up and let it out. Besides, you’re at home.
- It’s okay to read lyrics, we don’t judge. 😛
Play an instrument
- Something that requires a little focus and learning takes a little while to get used to, but after a while you’d learn to tap into your inner musician.
- By tuning the world out, you learn to tune in too! Play away!
- When there is noise all around you, take a seat and clear your mind. Like an instrument, you learn to focus on what matters(like what’s for dinner) and your environment will appear before you in a fresher perspective.
- Deep breaths, tuning it all out, all of which will improve your mental health by reminding you that there is more to life than what is in front of you.
There are many ways in which you could help yourself relax in the face of stress, just remember that you are your own master, and that you decide what’s best for your health, both in and out.
If you enjoyed reading this, like and follow us for more!
We also stock a few good skincare products to go with your routine, just ask!
For any suggestions or if you wish to talk to us about anything, we’re more than happy to listen!